[mythtv] Connecting to database via hostname

Bert Haverkamp bert at bertenselena.net
Thu Jan 4 21:35:23 UTC 2007

Dear all,

I am looking into an issue I have with setting up a frontend-backend system.

My backend gets its IP via DHCP. Therefore I want to rely on the hostname
completely, instead of the IP address.
However, entering the hostname in mythtv-setup-> general doesn't work right
now.

This is because, Myhtsocket::connect currently does not recognise a
hostname, only addresses. I am looking for something like
Qsocket::connecttohost. Has anyone looked into this already? Is there
already an implementation of this floating somewhere? Or should I implement
this myself?

Regards,

Bert

--