[mythtv] animated themes

Justin Hornsby justin.hornsby at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 19:51:48 UTC 2007

On 04/01/07, Matt <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
>   Quick question for you... is it possible to create annimated menus
> in a theme now?  I'm interested in possibly getting into mythtv theme
> creation, and just wanted to explore what was possible.  It appears to
> be possible to have animated icons, but can the menu system be
> animated?  Can you do something similiar to Apple's Front Row where
> the menu items rotate around a single selection point?

I was digging around in the source (prompted by someone doing the same
in #mythtv-users) last year & saw some interesting stuff which doesn't
yet seem to have any use.  Somewhere around the alphapulse code is
something along the lines of slide/move which I guess could pave a way
for menu items to move around of their own accord.

Not knowing my code from my er... anyway not knowing much about coding
I dunno exactly what it'd involve to bring that to life but I figure
that there are bigger fish to fry right now which is why nothing has
come along yet.

Justin
--
Justin Hornsby