[mythtv] MHEG-5 support for New Zealand Profile

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Tue Feb 27 23:27:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, February 28, 2007 10:34 am, Steven Ellis wrote:
> Ok I've done done a build with key code 300 mapped to F2 which produced
> some additional output. You can see the details at
> http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/?p=34 along with the verbose output from
> the frontend.
>
> This resulted in a Loading message being displayed, but no additional
> feedback or output was present.
>
> Now it appears that they have modified the UK MHEG 1.0.6 profile
> slightly here for NZ. For example there are 3 new register sets (13-15)
> that need to be supported. Plus we need to support Maori characters.

Dont a little bit more digging looking at the ASSERT messages in the logs
because it appears the MHEG code makes two requests that aren't currently
implemented in the MythTV MHEG-5 stack. I've updated the details on the
http://mythtv.co.nz site, but for now I think I need to have another read
of the UK 1.0.6 spec.

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR