[mythtv] Commercial replacement instead of skipping

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Feb 27 21:14:35 UTC 2007

On Feb 27, 2007, at 1:00 PM, Hal Lightwood wrote:

> Hi Brad,  thanks for the reply.  Watching LiveTV with a 15 minute
> delay isn't too bad, but do you think we could alter commflag so
> that it could replace the commercials instead of skip them?  If
> commflag takes alot of CPU we'll just make sure we have a very fast
> computer so it can do it quickly.  What do you think?

I don't see the use case here. If you watch the program delayed
enough for the commflagger to do its job, there is no time to watch
something else. It just skips right to the next scene of your program.

It's not just the CPU time that is the issue. The commflagger needs
to analyze start and end points of commercials to determine if it's
actually a commercial and it can't analyze an end point if it doesn't
exist yet.