[mythtv] Preferred CC

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 18:57:26 UTC 2007

On 2/26/07, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Is there a way to set a preferred CC if more than one exists in a stream
> and CC defaults to on?  Right now my HD recordings default to ATSC CC-1
> but it is often wrong and VBI CC-1 is more reliable.  How can I default
> the on switch to VBI CC-1?

There is a way - here's what I did:

Using phpMyAdmin, I set TOGGLECC to Blank (it was the letter T).
Then, I set TOGGLECC608 to the letter T (it was Blank).

After the change, pressing the remote's key corresponding to T
toggles the VBI captions.

Surely, there are a number of alternatives to the above steps,
but this was quick and easy.  All options remain available using
the Menu, so nothing was lost in the process.