[mythtv] imdb.pl

Lincoln Dale ltd at interlink.com.au
Tue Feb 20 01:20:43 UTC 2007

indeed they are. i was looking at something in my schedule for today and was
about to say you were wrong, but its the caching that meant what i was looking
at was correct and imdb must have changed their site in the last week or so.

> Most imdb.pl alternatives have their drawbacks. IMDBPy is huge, others have
> more exotic perl dependencies.

the imdb script i referred you to originally used the .txt.gz offline imdb
datafiles and parsed those also, but was really just far more complicated than
it needed to be.

you'll nose that the comments up the top of
http://svn.whuffy.com/index.cgi/browser/postprocessors/imdb_augment_data pretty
much say exactly what you just said:

	# based roughly on a few existing IMDB XMLTV modules and IMDB CPAN
	# modules  but doesn't actually use them due to the large number of
	# interdependencies they drag in.
	#     much credit goes to Michael Stepanov for his excellent IMDB::Film
	#     module and the regex's used to match data from IMDb pages

cheers,

lincoln.