[mythtv] Linking problem

Trampas tstern at nc.rr.com
Sun Feb 18 01:05:30 UTC 2007

I do have the 'yum' version installed, but there were a couple of bug fixes
I needed for my HdHomeRun device. Also there are a couple of things I would
like to fix in the code.

Here are the steps I followed:

#1 install QT 3.3.7, following directions in the INSTALL/README file
#2 check out mythtv
#3 Do a ./configure in the mythtv directory
#4 issue make in the mythtv directory.

I read that the QT needs to be built with mySQL and threaded support.
According to the QT setup it is built with threaded but I did not see an
option for MySQL. I did not figure this was the problem since it seems the
linker can not find the QT library.

I can direct the stdout to a file, but I have not figured out how to
redirect the stderr in linux, if you can tell me I will post the results.

Thanks again for help.

Trampas