[mythtv] Updated patch for directshow filters with MythTV (for CoreAVC)

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 20:26:16 UTC 2007

Mark Kendall wrote:
> Alan
>
> Compiled and working here without crashes now. The vertical,
> colour/chroma ghosting is still present though - only happening on the
> BBC HD channel and all other test clips play fine. Any suggestions? If
> you're not seeing this, it must be system specific.

I only have one BBC example (a snippet of a James Brown concert), and
the colors in it are very funky anyway, so it is hard to be sure they
look ok (they do look the same using ffmpeg and CoreAVC so I assume they
are fine).  But a different sample might be helpful too.
> I'm also still trying to figure out why I'm getting frame skipping
> (and fairly large audio sync problems) when both cores are only
> running at about 50% (Core 2 Duo E6600)

I posted patches for mplayer on the mplayer-dev list last week (there's
a set of 12).  They are virtually identical to what is in myth (myth has
a slightly more recent set based on feedback I got there).  I strongly
recommend building mplayer with those patches and seeing whether you can
watch the streams.  It will confirm that it isn't CoreAVC that is
causing the problems, which would tell me whether I should focus on
avformatdecoder or the directshow filter code.
Note that when watching TS streams, you need to use '-demuxer lavf' with
mplayer due to how the stream resolution is detected.  I'll be happy to
help you if you run into problems, but just e-mail me off-list as it's
off-topic.  Also, let me know which version of CoreAVC you are using.
Each one seems to have some quirks of its own (I'm guessing you are
using 1.2 since I believe it is needed for MBAFF playback)