[mythtv] Updated patch for directshow filters with MythTV (for CoreAVC)

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 18:46:27 UTC 2007

Andrew Lyon wrote:
> I thought that 1.2 had fixed the build problem, but it didnt.. I was
> ssh'ed into the box from work and although I got no errors during
> compile myth crashes as soon as it tries to start the DirectShow
> Filter, I notice that /libs/libdshowloader/dshow/Makefile includes a
> file that doesnt seem to exist? #include ../config.mak, if I comment
> that line out I can run make in /libs/libdshowloader/dshow and
> libDS_Filter.a is built, but after compiling myth again it still
> crashes...
Please delete the Makefile after applying the patch and make again.
There shouldn't be a Makefile in the patch (but is) and it prevents a
new (correct) one from being built from the .pro file.
I recommend building all apps, as dependency checking doesn't happen
until the myth* apps are built (ven though the only thing you need to
install in this case is libmythtv)
Once you get that far, please send me the debug logs after enabling
'--verbose playback' if you are still getting segfaults.  Debugging
directshow issues is difficult due to the binary-only filters.