[mythtv] "A", "An", and "The" for sorting - ticket 3048

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Mon Feb 12 15:57:31 UTC 2007

On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 03:11:32PM +1100, Peter Schachte wrote:
> Joshua M Thompson wrote:
>
> > (and speaking of letters will Video Manager ever allow me to hit a
> > letter and jump to that part of the list? I have something like 5,100
> > videos and scrolling to anything that's not near the beginning or end of
> > the list is an exercise in extreme frustration...)
>
> That'd be great if you've got a proper keyboard, but not too much help if
> you're just using a remote.  How about using the digit keys?  Pressing a digit
> key n could jump you to n/9 of the way through the list.  Eg, pressing 0 takes
> you to the beginning, 9 to the end, 3 to 1/3 of the way through the list, and 5
> to 55.5% of the way through.  I'd find that useful when scrolling through
> artists in mythmusic, too.

How about a configuration option to tell it whether you have a proper
keyboard or not?  No real need to cripple those with keyboards just
because there are others who don't.

Alternately, there are methods out there for simulating a full keyboard
using only a numeric pad, as can be attested by pretty much anyone with
a cellphone.

--
Windows Vista must be the first OS in history to have error codes for things
like "display quality too high"