[mythtv] "A", "An", and "The" for sorting - ticket 3048

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Feb 12 04:11:32 UTC 2007

Joshua M Thompson wrote:

> (and speaking of letters will Video Manager ever allow me to hit a
> letter and jump to that part of the list? I have something like 5,100
> videos and scrolling to anything that's not near the beginning or end of
> the list is an exercise in extreme frustration...)

That'd be great if you've got a proper keyboard, but not too much help if
you're just using a remote.  How about using the digit keys?  Pressing a digit
key n could jump you to n/9 of the way through the list.  Eg, pressing 0 takes
you to the beginning, 9 to the end, 3 to 1/3 of the way through the list, and 5
to 55.5% of the way through.  I'd find that useful when scrolling through
artists in mythmusic, too.

Peter Schachte              We must not think that computation ... has place
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        only in numbers.
www.cs.mu.oz.au/~schachte/      -- Thomas Hobbes, 1655
Phone: +61 3 8344 1338