[mythtv] Updated patch for directshow filters with MythTV (for CoreAVC)

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 17:26:03 UTC 2007

Mark Buechler wrote:
> Alan, have you tested 1.1 with a single core? Mine dumps Myth as soon
> as the codec starts it's main function:
Not with the myth patch, no.  does /proc/cpuinfo only list one cpu (i.e.
you don't have anything like HT enabled)?
CoreAVC 1.0 and 1.1 use Mutexes while CoreAVC 1.2 uses Semaphores.  I
implemented the Semaphores, but the mutexes are still broken in the last
patch I made.  It is fixed in the set of patches I sent to the mplayer
list though.  I have been able to use 0.0.4 through 1.2 successfully
with those patches.
It is painful to support 2 sets of patches, so I'm trying to figure out
a reasonable way to have a single set that work for both mplayer and myth.