[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r12743 by danielk

eric.bosch at comcast.net eric.bosch at comcast.net
Wed Feb 7 23:10:37 UTC 2007

I did the upgrade of Mysql a long time ago, and don't seem to have any issues with that, except after the machine sits running for a while, the queries begin to take a long time due to caching of data (I suppose).

Do you know specifically which USE flags mythtv doesn't like?  I've got a huge list of them I'm using.  As far as eselect opengl set nvidia, I've verified that is done.  I'm going to test out this other nVidia driver package and see if there is any difference in how it operates, but right now, the biggest issue I have is with NFS.  I've got two backends set up, primary one running mysql, apache, etc, with one PVR350 tuner, 500GB LVM partition for video, and the secondary backend stores it's files on the primaries LVM via NFS.  If I watch LiveTV on the primary, using the PVR350, I have no problems, however programs being recorded on the secondary seem to get cut short at the end by a matter of minutes.  If I watch LiveTV on the primary from one of the two tuners on the secondary, the program begins to stutter horribly after a few moments, and once that has started, only way to stop it is to exit LiveTV and restart.  If I pause the program for a few moments, it will sometimes play on
 for a bit, but then begins to stutter again.  Next thing, if I pause it for a few moments, then adjust time stretch to *.90, then it is fine, however ends minutes after the actual end of the program.  I've tried adjusting the NFS wbuffer anywhere between 8192 and 256, while leaving the rbuffer at 8192, but can't seem to affect the lost data.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

BTW, the primary is a 3.2 GHz P4 with 3 G RAM and the secondary is 3.0 GHz with 1G RAM

From: Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net>