[mythtv] Request: MythHelp

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Wed Feb 7 19:47:18 UTC 2007

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Steven Ellis wrote:
>> On Wed, February 7, 2007 12:48 pm, Justin Luitjens wrote:
>>> Why not bind one of the keys on the remote to F1?
>> First there are no spare keys on the remote.
> This is not a limitation of MythTV but of the hardware you've chosen.
> Myth works with *input* so if you have no method of inputting a help
> key, how do you expect to activate this feature.  Nothing anyone can do
> (no ? on the screen or anything) if you have no key bound to activate it.
Sadly here in NZ there is hardly a large number of quality remote
controls to choose from. Plus we don't sell enough units to get a custom
remote or even import them from the US or elsewhere. But I am always on
the look out for a better unit, especially as the only ones I can get
have a Windows home key on them.