[mythtv] Request: MythHelp

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed Feb 7 11:29:01 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 7 February 2007 10:17, usleepless at gmail.com wrote:
>  - i removed all silly query.size() calls, as per the qt-docs

Removing the query.isActive() calls in favour of query.size() may have been
more appropriate in cases where "query.size() > 0" is used.

query.isActive does not indicate that the query returned any results, only
that it was executed successfully. If query.size > 0 is used then that
suggested the original author wanted to check that the query returned a
result.

So yes, using both is redundant (although a very minor issue) and a patch for
this probably would be accepted. Have you ever submitted such a patch?

If anyone has been hostile on the subject of mutli-db support, then it's
probably because people won't take "no" as an answer. It's been established
that we won't support multiple databases, the increased burden of maintaining
that support is just one reason that immediately comes to mind. It also
ignores other fundamental programs with the current system. The preferred
solution is to use an embedded database, probably embedded mysql.

You seem to have taken rejection on the postgreSQL issue very personally and
so you now spend your time being destructive instead of constructive. Ideas
and patches are rejected all the time, even my own, most people accept that
and move on, why can't you?

N.B. Patches against anything other than HEAD won't be accepted before you
start submitting patches against a two year old version. We have better
things to do than adapt those changes to the current code base.
--
Stuart Morgan