[mythtv] weird pdflush & NFS problem

Dan Wilga mythtv-dev2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Tue Feb 6 14:36:31 UTC 2007

At 2:15 PM -0700 2/5/07, Mark Lehrer wrote:
>I have been having some issues with MythTV - whenever it is recording
>a hi def show and playing something back at the same time, there are
>pauses every 30 seconds or so.  These pauses happen when pdflush wakes
>up to write out the disk cache.

I had a similar problem, and was able to minimize its impact by
actually decreasing the write buffer size of the mounted volume, so
that it writes more frequently. In /etc/fstab, if you have something

hostname:/foo /mnt/foo nfs
0 0

Try changing "wsize" to a smaller number:

hostname:/foo /mnt/foo nfs
0 0