[mythtv] Is anyone using osx-packager.pl on OS X with x86?

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 02:40:39 UTC 2007

Ok, followed the directions as specified (except I stuck with the Fink
svn).  No joy.  It eventually dies here:

/usr/bin/libtool: can't map file: ../libmythui//libmythui-0.20.dylib
((os/kern) invalid argument)
make[2]: *** [libmythupnp-0.20.0.20.0.dylib] Error 1
make[1]: *** [sub-libmythupnp] Error 2
make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2

When I look at the files in
osx-packager/src/myth-svn/mythtv/libs/libmythui/, I see the following:

lrwxr-xr-x   1 devinhei  devinhei        0 Feb  4 21:14 libmythui-0.20.dylib ->
lrwxr-xr-x   1 devinhei  devinhei        0 Feb  4 21:14
libmythui-0.20.0.dylib ->
lrwxr-xr-x   1 devinhei  devinhei        0 Feb  4 21:14
libmythui-0.20.0.20.dylib ->
-rwxr-xr-x   1 devinhei  devinhei  9825896 Feb  4 21:14
libmythui-0.20.0.20.0.dylib

Very strange.  I just compared my gcc -v and xcodebuild -version
against what you provided and they match exactly.  So that rules out
it being a different version of Xcode.

When I was poking around a few days ago, I found that if I manually
create the symlinks the process gets further, but eventually dies
after the make install because I get the same problem in the
.osx-packager/build/libs directory.  I'm sure I can manually get it to
work, but obviously I would rather figure out what's going on and fix
it right.

Do you have more than one CPU?  I have one of the new Core 2 Duos and
perhaps this is some race condition that only shows up with parallel
make (the osx-packager is sending "-j 2" to the make command).

Devin

On 2/4/07, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:
> > One more quick question:  are you guys using the osx-packager.pl
> > script or are you just checking out the source by hand and running
> > ./configure and make?
>
> Well, I do both at various times, but here is
> the process I recently used on an empty machine:
>
> 1) Install SVN client binaries from packages here:
> http://metissian.com/projects/macosx/subversion/
>
> 2) Get the osx-packager.pl script:
> curl http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/contrib/OSX/osx-
> packager.pl?format=txt
>
> 3) Make it executable
> chmod 777 osx-packager.pl
>
> 4) Run it
> ./osx-packager.pl --verbose
>

> If you have the whole of SVN mythtv/trunk checked out,
> that could be the problem, although I can't see how.
> (Maybe make VPATH stuff?)
>

> A) I would recommend deleting everything
> except the script, and trying again.
> (That includes umounting the extra volume,
>   rm'ing .osx-packager* and mythtv)
>
> B) Check that there are no other libmyth*.dylib
> installed anywhere on your computer. Use either
> SpotLight, or find / name libmyth\*
>
> C) Run ./osx-packager.pl --verbose | grep dylib
> to see what symlinks are being created, and why.
>
> D) I may eventually modify the script so that it
> builds its own svn binaries if none are available?

Devin J. Heitmueller
http://www.devinheitmueller.com
AIM: devinheitmueller