[mythtv] Patch nudge...

Thu Feb 1 22:29:18 UTC 2007

On 01/02/2007, at 6:23 PM, Patrick Nichols wrote:

> On Tue, January 30, 2007 4:00 pm, William Uther wrote:
>
>> Sounds like a plan.  I've posted on the Aus guide mailing list asking
>> for testers.
>
> Aus guide mailing list?  Where?  Huh?  Fill me in please :)

I keep a list of Aus grabbers here:

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/xmltv/

Including my own here:

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/xmltv/tv_grab_au_reg.html

My grabber can grab from either/both of two sources:

Australian Community Guide (Creative Commons license):  http://
tvguide.org.au/
IceTV Commercial guide (commercial license): http://www.icetv.com.au/

minnie.tuhs.org/mailman/listinfo/tvguide

It is that list that I posted to.  So far the response has been a
little underwhelming (only one offer to test apart from myself).  I
have had more responses than that, but mainly explaining why it would
be hard for them to test.  Many of the Aus users have long ago turned
off Myth's running of MFD and are using a randomised cron job to get
a similar effect:

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/TVGuide/Random

Which suggests a crontab entry of:

0 1 * * * sleep $((RANDOM % 18000)) && <whatever your download
command is>

These users are reluctant to recompile - they've already worked
around the problem.

It is to get rid of the need for hacks like this that I'm trying to
get a proper fix into myth.  sigh.

Be well,

Will       :-}

* waves to everyone who was at the MythTV session at linux.conf.au *

--
Dr William Uther                           National ICT Australia
Phone: +61 2 8306 0424               Computer Science and Engineering

Web: http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/   or  http://www.nicta.com.au/

NICTA email Disclaimer:
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~willu/NICTAEmailDisclaimer.html
UNSW email Disclaimer: