[mythtv] MythRecipe resurrection

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Dec 31 15:48:21 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-30 at 09:11 -0600, Kevin Wambsganz wrote:
>      1. Is there interest for this MythRecipe?

I would install MythTV in the kitchen if there were a decent
MythRecipe application.

>      1. Is anyone working on this already?

Not that I know of.

>      1. Are there any existing MyhtRecipe users out there? What do you
>         like or dislike about the existing program?
>      2. For MythTV users, what kind of things would you want in a
>         Recipe program?

Editing the recipes or just adding notes from the kitchen with just
a touch screen is a must. Conversions would be nice, and automatic
scaling of a recipe for a different serving size would be nice (simple
scaling is sometimes impossible with baked goods, but usually works
for other foods.)

>      1. What do I need to get working for the Recipe program to be
>         included in the official plugins?

Make something that compiles, complies with the coding standards and
doesn't crash too much. Stick around for a while so we know you will
maintain the code. Try to use MythUI, feel free to ask us to port
the widgets you need from the old UI code, though we may just suggest
using an existing MythUI component creatively.

-- Daniel