[mythtv] mythweb feature request - allow edits to title / subtitle / description in recorded programs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Dec 30 17:43:07 UTC 2007

On 12/30/2007 10:29 AM, migmog wrote:
> I recently upgraded to an SVN build, mainly to check out the recent
> updates to mythweb. Xris et al, you guys are doing a great job!
>
> IMHO mythweb is THE killer feature of myth that puts it above all the
> commercial PVRs
>
> I have a feature request. I'm in the UK, using freeview DVB-T. I
> record a lot of kids shows, and I get my listing data over the air,
> and of course it's not always complete.
>
> In particular, They sometimes put the name of an episode in the
> description rather than the subtitle field, and it's all a bit
> confusing. It would be REALLY cool to be able to edit the
> title/subtitle/description fields from within mythweb. Currently I
> have to go through phpmyadmin to do this, which is a pain.
>
> Once again, thanks for your efforts.

I don't have any details, but I know that Stuart A. and various others
have put a lot of effort into making Myth do a better job of "fixing up"
the EIT data for the UK.  If you have ideas about how to make it do a
better job or--even better--code to contribute for fix ups, they might
be able to improve things even more.

Mike