[mythtv] Ticket # 4341, was: Why doesn't MythVideo's Video Manager run mythcommflag?

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Thu Dec 27 19:23:57 UTC 2007

First, I want to thank Stuart and Chris for the background on my
original question. It sounds like the issue is understood and will
probably be addressed at some point in time.

Second, an update and an offer to help. At first, I thought that running
mythcommflag --video was the fix to my internal player lockups. Not so.
It's not as bad as it was, but lock ups still do happen. Since it's a
problem that I can easily reproduce (using an imported vob which has no
seek tables), I was thinking I might be able to help.

I'm a software developer who took early retirement and who's enjoying
the time off. But I don't want to duplicate effort if this particular
ticket is being actively worked on. It's currently assigned to "ijr" and
has milestone = unknown. I'm not familiar with Trac (guess that's
another thing to learn), so I'm guessing that maybe #4341 is not being
actively worked on. If I'm right, I'll start tinkering. If I'm wrong,
I'll work around the deadlocks as I'm doing now (kill mythfrontend and
restart it).

Should I start tinkering?