[mythtv] Mythweather problem

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Dec 27 17:26:05 UTC 2007

> Looking at the backtrace, it seems to be the same issue I fixed. Did you
> install mythtv again after updating to [15237]? The widescreen mythweather
> theme is in mythtv/themes/default-wide/ not in mythplugins/mythweather.

No, I just updated mythplugins. Didn't know I needed to update
anything else. I though mythweather was self contained in the
mythplugins branch. Can you explain for me why the wide version of the
weather-ui.xml is part of the mythtv branch, while the non-wide
version is part of the mythplugins branch? Seems a bit odd to me.

I've updated all 3 branches (mythtv, mythplugins, myththemes) to 15237
and rebuilt. It works in all themes now. Thanks, and sorry for the
confusion.

I noticed a few issues with the rendering:
In widescreen themes (mythwcenter-wide and mepo-wide) it seems to be
squished onto the left half of the screen. I'm seeing the same sort of
thing on all of the setup screens, too. Is this something you are
still working on?

Some of the pages have slight rendering errors...elements placed or
sized slightly off. Doesn't affect the functionality...just the
asthetics. If you want, I can point out specific elements.

The 6 day forecast doesn't want to load for some cities. In the setup
for that page, if you search for detroit you get 4 options. The first
3 don't work...only the "Detroit Lakes Automatic Weather" source
works.

In the setup for Severe Weather Alerts, if you search for detroit, you
get back 3 search results, but no text is displayed... each of the 3
results boxes is empty. None of those 3 options will actually load any
data.

I realize the Mythweather module has been in a major overhaul lately,
so it may still be quite a bit a work in progress, and you might
already be aware of all of the above. However, if you want me to open
tickets for any of the above, let me know.