[mythtv] Bookmarking suggestion

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Dec 21 19:26:52 UTC 2007

<fixed top posting>

On 12/21/2007 01:46 PM, David Backeberg wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2007 11:40 PM, Justin Johnson <justin.johnson3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  One of the things that has always bugged me about Mythtv is that it
>> remembers bookmarks even when the program is almost finished or really near
>> the beginning. My suggestion is incorporate a way so that if the bookmark is
>> within 5 minutes from either the beginning or end of the program, no
>> bookmark is set. I would think this is only a couple lines changes. Anyone
>> know how to do this?
> I don't think I understand why anybody would want "bookmarks where you
> left them".
>
> How are bookmarks ending up in your programs? Didn't you put them
> there yourself? Why not just not put the bookmark where you don't want
> it to be?
>
> Do you always use the delete key (the one that autobookmarks, then
> prompts you to delete) to exit a program that you want to keep? Maybe
> you would rather use Escape / back instead, as this doesn't
> autobookmark.

The OP is using the setting:

Action on playback exit:
  - Just exit
  - Save position and exit
  - Always prompt (excluding Live TV)
  - Always prompt (including Live TV)
  - Prompt for Live TV only
If set to prompt, a menu will be displayed when you exit playback mode.
The options available will allow you to save your position, delete the
recording, or continue watching.

Set to "Save position and exit."  But, following on to your thought,
perhaps the OP should be using "Always prompt (<either>)".

Mike