[mythtv] Setting lastplay value after a give time/percentage of playback (last.fm script)

Ashley Bostock abostock at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 08:52:11 UTC 2007

I've written a quick perl script to get the recently played music tracks out
of the database and submit them to my last.fm profile.
The only problem is that the lastplay value (in the music_songs table) gets
set even if the song has only played for 1 second, e.g. played song by
mistake.

How much work would it be to make it so that the lastplay value doesn't get
set until a certain number of seconds or percentage has been played?
My c++ skills are pretty minimal but if someone would point me in the right
direction of where to start I'd at least have a go.

Thanks,
Ash