[mythtv] DVB-C scan is messed up in MythTV

Tobias kaminsky at finswimmer.de
Thu Dec 20 21:13:10 UTC 2007

Am Wednesday 12 December 2007 schrieb Allan Stirling:
> Tobias wrote:
> > Hi,
> > thanks for the quick reply.
> > You mean
> > "	* change to the "correct" network ID for broken dvb providers
> >  	* which transmit the real NIT as NIT other "
> >
> > How do I find the network ID?
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Tobi
>
> It'll be the network ID that's provided to your set top box.
> Usually, you can get this by going into the engineer setup menu.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Allan.

I wrote to my local DVB-C network provider, but they did not response.
So I think I will have to get it on my own.
Is there a way to find the NID?
I have a
00:09.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
It is a normal DVB-C tuner card. (not full-feautured)

I hope that there is a way. Otherwise I will have to install another program
instead of mythtv (what I do not want, because Mythtv is great)

Thank you

Tobi