[mythtv] [mythtv-users] WOL Slave Backend only when needed

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Dec 19 17:47:15 UTC 2007

On 12/19/2007 03:38 AM, Ma Begaj wrote:
> and Mike wrote the solution for finding schedules (myth_upcoming_recordings.pl):
>
>> And, for those using trunk, the contrib script
>> myth_upcoming_recordings.pl will allow you to display conflicts (and/or
>> other info about upcoming recordings).  Unfortunately, it relies on the
>> trunk version of the Perl bindings (which won't work with 0.20-fixes),
>> so it won't work with 0.20-fixes.

I should probably mention that a change I'm working on is going to need
to allow the backend to figure out whether any recordings are currently
occurring and how long until the next recording.  I will likely also put
some of the additional mythshutdown detection into the libs--including
whether any jobs are executing on the host.  Making this available
through the Myth protocol (and, therefore, easily accessible through the
Perl/Python bindings) would not require much additional work.

Unfortunately, I don't have an estimate on when I'll be done--let alone
when someone will review it for check in.

Mike