[mythtv] Channel lock error message even though channel is tuned and displaying fine.

Bill Cizek cizek at rcn.com
Tue Dec 18 13:11:03 UTC 2007

> Do all of you who are seeing this problem have a separate frontend and
> backend?  There are a couple of changes in that region between 14921 and
> 14938 that relate to free space calculation in the backend.  I am
> wondering if these functions are used to calculate if enough data is
> waiting in the ring buffer after changing channels?

Both same and separate BE/FE.

I looked into this a few weeks ago and noticed a problem where the
SignalMonitor on the backend was stopping before the frontend "knew" the
signal was good.  Because of this, the lock timer in the frontend would
timeout with the associated message.

I've attached a patch that I made to address this.  It keeps the "You
should have gotten lock" message from appearing but the channel /
program_info display gets screwed up (that's the main reason I didn't
post it...)

-Bill