[mythtv] Channel lock error message even though channel is tuned and displaying fine.

Johan Venter mythtv at vulturest.com
Mon Dec 17 04:23:35 UTC 2007

Jon Whitear wrote:
>> I'm running the *latest* SVN (updated today) and i keep getting the
>> annoying error message "You should have gotten a channel lock by now..."
>
> I'm seeing this too. I'm using DVB-T in Australia with an up-to-date SVN
> build. I've tried adjusting the tuning timeouts, but that hasn't helped.

Another (useless) 'me-too'. I've been getting the message for a few SVN
versions now, just haven't had any time to do anything about it.

If others experiencing the problem are interested, go back in time in
the commit logs and try to identify the revision(s) that could've caused
the issue.

If I can find some time to do, I will try as well.

BTW, also DVB-T in Australia, also while the channel is playing just
fine behind the message - it used to pop up occasionally and disappear
as soon as channel lock was accomplished.

Regards,
Johan.