[mythtv] Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Dec 13 06:26:35 UTC 2007

Jonatan Lundin wrote:
> I've realized more complex designs that the mock-up I submitted earlier.
> However I'm working on a second one, and I’ll post it here as soon as
> I'm done.

Any update on this?

I've been taking bits of Stuart's design and combining them with a color
scheme closer to Jonatan's, and trying to implement it all in HTML here:

    http://newmyth.forevermore.net/

It's incredibly annoying trying to do this without tables (yes, I gave
up trying that, too), so I'm open to other design ideas.  I think I
really like the "3 elements on top with news below" layout for the front
page, so for future ideas, please try to stick to something that keeps
the "overview + quicklinks + download" separate from the news blog below it.

I like Stuart's clean icons, too, but am wondering if we can do
something more 3d to the separated content on the page..  Maybe a
small/soft pixel border around things to "drop" those lighter-colored
sections deeper than the rest of the page.  If someone wants to put in
the effort to make graphical rounded-edges so IE and Safari can have
them, that could work nicely, too (and would be required for the 3d
effect, anyway).

On a related note, I had Justin Hornsby drop his updated high-res
versions of the logo into svn so that everyone can get at them:

    http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythextras/logos

I also just sent a note to the other developers requesting writeups
about the various official plugins so that we can get some good content
for the "in detail" page.  I'll be filling in more content where/when I can.

I'd really like to be able to launch the new website around the first of
the year, or the end of January at the latest.

-Chris

P.S. I'm still looking for a TV/Monitor image or four (left and right
facing, maybe 4:3 and 16:9 versions) that I can use to composite with
screenshot images so the screenshots aren't just boring rectangles in
the page.  Think something similar to the TV here, but anti-aliased
against a transparent background for better fit within the page:

    http://forevermore.net/mythtv/mockups/jeanphilippe.png