[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r15091 - in trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic by paulh

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 16:45:05 UTC 2007

On Sunday 09 December 2007 15:57:29 Paul Harrison wrote:
> Which side are you on now the devs or the themers? I think you are
> slowly turning over to the dark side ;-)

Lets just say that I've gained an insight into the problems that themers face.
Turning a vision into reality with some of the current idiosyncrasies of the
code can be very hard. It's no wonder that most of the themes in existence
look identical to each other except for their colour schemes.

It's something that a general UI code cleanup and mythui should make easier
for everyone, both themers and developers.

> What the hell I'll just change it to use the themed position. If the
> user doesn't like it it's only a matter of editing the theme file.

Thanks.

> > There is at least one addition I'd like to see to the widgets available,
> > the progress slider. There may be others, but that's the one I'd
> > particularly want for my theme. I can add this one though, if you don't
> > want the work.
>
> I'll take a look at adding this - need to find a theme that uses the
> progress slider stuff first.

Justin's themes, at least blootube-wide and I think neon use it. The one I'm
working on now does as well -
http://www.miffteevee.co.uk/themes/metallurgy.html

> > I'd _like_ to display the volume, but I don't want to waste space on the
> > track bitrate etc. If a separate volume textarea were available as an
> > alternative to the info area, that would be great but I can live without
> > displaying the volume.
>
> The info area does switch to show the volume for a few seconds when it's
> changed but you want a text area that shows the volume all the time is
> that correct? If it's an optional item then I have no problems with that.

That's what I had in mind. It isn't that important but having options is
always nice. Speaking personally, I don't think the bitrate is important
information when you are just playing music. I've left it out of my mythmusic
theme so I can give space to other things. I was eventually going to make
that information accessible as part of the metadata editor, similar to the
playcount and last modified date.
--
Stuart Morgan