[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r15091 - in trunk/mythplugins/mythmusic/mythmusic by paulh

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 14:44:18 UTC 2007

On Sunday 09 December 2007 14:18:57 Paul Harrison wrote:
> The player_container's area is just used to determine the size of the
> popup window. The position of the popup is currently hardcoded  to the
> top center of the screen. There is already some code in there to change
> the position to the bottom center or middle of the screen but since non
> of the testers even queried the position of the popup I just left it
> where it was (top center).

First, great work, really appreciate the time you've taken on this, it's a
frequently requested addition and should be very popular.

IMHO it should be themable (just as everything should). Using the container
area to determine the size of the dialog is fine, but it should honour the
x,y position too. I don't see the point in hardcoding any positioning options
in addition to having them in the theme.

> I could add a new value to the PlayerPosition enum MP_POSDESIGNED that
> would place the popup player where the themer says but if I did that I
> would insist on there being a new setting that allows the *user* to
> chose where to put it =)

Heh. I want to place it where I chose as a themer, that way it can be
integrated into the design. I don't really want the user overriding that and
why should they? They don't get the power to override the OSD and other
popups. If the themer wants the popup to appear into a particular bit of
empty space in their theme, or in a position where it matches other
theme-able popups (see mythvideo) then they should be able to do that. My
initial idea was to use a background image which gave the impression that the
player slid out from the side of the screen, that background wouldn't work in
the middle or on the wrong side.

There is at least one addition I'd like to see to the widgets available, the
progress slider. There may be others, but that's the one I'd particularly
want for my theme. I can add this one though, if you don't want the work.

I'd _like_ to display the volume, but I don't want to waste space on the track
bitrate etc. If a separate volume textarea were available as an alternative
to the info area, that would be great but I can live without displaying the
volume.
--
Stuart Morgan