[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r14942 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Dec 7 14:39:28 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 13:53 +0000, Paul Harrison wrote:
> > Fixes #4192. Adds an alignment tag to UIListBtnType for use with RtoL languages.
> >
> This patch actually breaks the UIListTreeType which uses the
> UIListBtnType. It's used on the MythMusic music selection screen. What I
> was seeing is random text alignment and sometimes no text at all. I've
> just applied a quick fix to ensure that at least the alignment is
> initialized to a sane value in the UIListBtnType which fixes the problem
> for me
Thanks.

>  but maybe UIListTreeType should also be updated to allow the text
> justification to be changed?

Yeah, but I'm not exactly sure how that would work. Should hierarchical
lists start from the right of the screen in RtoL areas? I'm also
wondering about languages like Japanese that are traditionally written
down and across. The Japanese have adjusted to reading things in the
western manner, but might prefer top-down-left-right if it were
available as an option.

-- Daniel