[mythtv] compilation problem

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 14:45:02 UTC 2007

On 8/20/07, marek <mark_kiddy at wp.pl> wrote:
> thx for Your reply
> make distclean doesn.t help
> files themeinfo.cpp and themeinfo.h exists exactly in libs/libmyth/
> I even fresh downloaded mythtv cvs - the same error in the same place.
> it's look like a linker problem or sth.
> still no luck...
> any ideas ?

I had a problem a while back when I upgraded to the latest SVN
release.  My problem was that the linker was trying to link the new
object files to my older (pre-SVN) libraries sitting in my file
system.  I don't know why it would target existing libraries instead
of the newly compiled ones.

My solution was to delete all of the libmyth* files from my /usr/lib
or /usr/local/lib directories.  After this, the build finished
normally.  Not sure if this is the same issue you're having or not...
so, as usual, backing up anything you delete is probably a good idea.

Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com