[mythtv] DVB-C and MythTV

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Sun Aug 19 12:31:33 UTC 2007

On Sunday 19 August 2007 13:07:55 Christiaan van Dijk wrote:
> Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
> > Rudy Zijlstra wrote:

That has nothing to do with DVB-C but with bad providers which break the
DVB standard. It's pure coincidence that your provider is a cable
provider.

That's the wrong place. A workaround for a broken provider should not
selectable on compile time. especially if it needs a location based
parameter. It will also break combined DVB-C/DVB-S setups.
The place for the "right" network id would the video source setup.

The #ifdefs are just ugly and a simple "return true" in the first case
would have avaoided all the reindentation. Much whitespace changes make
your patch harder to read.

Seperate issue, please provide a seperate patch. But I would guess it's
the wrong place to change.

Attached patch is cleaner. (leaks memory, configuration is missing, you
have to set real_network_id in dvbstreamdata.cpp to your desired
value).

Janne