[mythtv] DVB-C and MythTV

Christiaan van Dijk dvbmail at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 18 09:07:13 UTC 2007

Rudy Zijlstra wrote:

>> Christiaan van Dijk wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've been working on a MythTV box with a DVB-C card and ran into some
>>> problems. I solved quite some issues and would like to share these here.
>>>
>>> A known problem with DVB-C are the network IDs. In a normal DVB

<SNIP>
>>> interpreting the NITo/NIT with the matching network ID as main NIT.
>>>
>>> Also fixed a bug in the channel inversion setting, the scanner used to
>>> set an invalid value for DVB-C, now it defaults to auto. Really minor
>>> but avoids warnings in the log files.
>>>

>> Hi  Christiaan,
>>
>> Have you kept these current with SVN? i just tried a scan on the @home
>> transports in order to update my channels, as they are apparently no
>> longer up to date. And completely failed with current SVN, as it no
>> longer sees the DVB tables. Updating them is now a real pain.
>>
>> Have not yet tried to apply to current SVN, will try that tomorrow.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rudy
>>

> Christiaan,
>
> tried on current SVN, and i get:
> root at satje:/home/svn/mythtv/mythtv# patch -p 2 <
> /data/linux_install/apps/MythTV/dvb-c.diff
> patching file libs/libmythtv/channelutil.cpp
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 278 (offset 1 line).
> patching file configure
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 154 (offset 36 lines).
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 433.
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 1160.
> Hunk #4 FAILED at 2668.
> Hunk #5 FAILED at 3402.
> 4 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file configure.rej
> patching file libs/libmythtv/mpeg/dvbstreamdata.cpp
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 7 with fuzz 2 (offset 1 line).
> Hunk #2 succeeded at 218 (offset 18 lines).
> Hunk #3 succeeded at 270 (offset 13 lines).
> Hunk #4 succeeded at 288 (offset 18 lines).
>

> As i am not exactly a coder, that pretty much blocks me...
>
> Help?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rudy

Hi,

the patches were based on the stable branch of MythTV. The SVN version
has quite some changes in the DVB part, I wanted to have a look at this
part but didn't come around to it yet (busy busy busy ;-) ). There
should be some changes in the EIT part which should make parts of the
patch redundant.
I'm not sure if there is a good possibility for specifying a fixed
network ID in the SVN branch; this is very important if you want to use
DVB-C around here. I'll try to take a look a it this weekend and post an
update, wanted to give the SVN branch a try anyway.

Regds,
Christiaan.