[mythtv] mythtv-vid branch needs testing

Markus Schulz msc at antzsystem.de
Fri Aug 17 11:20:17 UTC 2007

Am Freitag, 3. August 2007 schrieb Markus Schulz:
> Am Mittwoch, 1. August 2007 schrieb Daniel Kristjansson:
> > Aside from a memory leak it looks like most of the OSX issues have
> > been addressed. A few of us have been using this branch for a
> > while, but it would be good to get some people to test this before
> > we merge it into the trunk.
>
> sounds nice, i will try it again.

i've tried it now:
my config:
- AMD X2-4400
- 2 * DVB [C + S]
- cpu+ mode
- libmpeg2, opengl + OSD Fade
- PAL-SD material (all 720x576 or below)
- Deint: kernel(2x HW), kernel

- GT6600 with 100.14.11 CS driver.
- xorg with UseEvents=true and Composite=disabled
- Display: CRT (1400x1050 at 85, 1280x960 at 100) DFP(1280x720 at 50)

at first:
xorg crashs approx. every 5 start or stop of mythfrontend (start ==
switch from menu to play-tv, stop==abort play-tv to menu). really
annoying, i had to write this mail twice :(

*****************
Backtrace:
0: /usr/bin/X(xf86SigHandler+0x81) [0x80c8631]
1: [0xb7eee420]

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting
*****************

don't known if this belongs really to mythtv. But trunk dont crash xorg
and other opengl apps are working fine (mplayer -vo gl:yuv=4 and
googleearth).

- OSD fading is choppy
- PIP window has wrong position, size and aspect ratio (but there are
similar problems in trunk)
- mythtvosd is not working correct. On CRT video output stops completly
during osd output, on DFP is really really slow.
- Kernel (2x HW) is not really as smooth as expected (compared to trunk
with my own full framerate patchset) but smoother then 25fps video. Why
only the HW Deints can be used with full framerate?
- sometimes mythfrontend crashes (segfault) but xorg survives.

summary, the new OSD is nice. OpenGL scaling is the same as xv scaling
on newer NVidia cards hence i did'nt expect some quality improvements
here. There are room for further improvements but it's a first step
into right direction. Thanks for this.

--
Markus Schulz