[mythtv] mythtv-vid branch needs testing

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 12:15:39 UTC 2007

On 8/12/07, Asher <freedenizen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/12/07, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I take it you've also enabled the useevents option in xorg? (sorry for
> > not following your issue more closely)
>
> Ahh no I haven't, I'll give that a shot too, so many variables.
>
> I think my problem with the deinterlacing was because I had it set to
> use a HW deinterlacer, I switched back to kernel in software and it is
> much better.  I've been looking around but I haven't been able to find
> what the requirements are for the hardware based deinterlacers.  I
> have a 6600GT.
>
> Thanks for all your help

with the 9xxx and newer drivers the UseEvents option is the big one,
afaik its fixed HD output tearing for everyone, that and enabling the
VSync options in nvidia-settings should make things perfect.

I don't think the kernel hardware deinterlacer works. I tried it too
and it did nothing. Granted I'm using a 6200TC, but it's not falling
back to my secondary choice either which makes me think the secondary
system doesn't work or that Myth thinks the Kernel (HW) deinterlacer
is working when its actually not (or not implemented yet?). Either way
my CPU is way more than capable of handling deinterlacing in the CPU
even for 1080i so I just set it to the software Kernel deinterlacer.

--
Steve