[mythtv] mythtv-vid branch needs testing

Doug Larrick doug at parkercat.org
Sun Aug 12 19:49:49 UTC 2007

Mark Kendall wrote:
> For those of you experiencing crashes with the opengl renderer (Asher,
> Doug etc), can you please test the attached patch.

This patch does not fix my hang, I'm sorry to say.

I've attached a log of 'mythfrontend --verbose playback' captured from
another machine.

My settings that cause the hang are:
cmp(<= 768 512) dec(ffmpeg) rend(opengl) osd(softblend)
osdfade(disabled) deint(openglbobdeint,openglonefield) filt()

I go into a video that matches this rule, press 'a', press right, press
left, and it hangs.  Repeatably now.  The machine responds to ping, but
a still-connected ssh session is hung and there's no response to
keyboard (caps lock does not even light the LED).

-Doug