[mythtv] Any thoughts on some MythGallery changes I'd like to make?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Aug 12 12:54:21 UTC 2007

I've just started to use MythGallery a lot recently and noticed several
bugs/features that I'd like to change but thought I'd ask first.

One thing that I find very annoying is that every unhandled key press
brings up the image info display, even keys like the 'zoom in' key also
defaults to displaying it if the maximum zoom has been reached. Anybody
care if I change the default behavior so that only 'INFO' will display
the info display?

I'd also like to change the amount the image is scrolled when zoomed.
The current default is too small and requires to many key presses to
move around the image. I'd change it so the image is scrolled about
1/10th the screen width/height for each key press.

There also seems to be a problem with the zoom and scrolling around the
image in the OpenGL view in that you cannot scroll to the edges of the
image when in 4x zoom mode. That bug also exists in the Qt views as well
but is less noticeable.

I'd also like to make the zoom amount a little less course than the 1x,
2x, 4x we have now maybe incrementing the zoom factor by 0.5 each time
would be better. It would also be nice if when you zoom in the position
stays the same rather than always resetting to the center of the image.

Paul H.