[mythtv] mythtv-vid branch needs testing

hendrixski at storsint.com hendrixski at storsint.com
Fri Aug 3 20:16:34 UTC 2007

:-) There would be two ways to ensure testers get the most up-to-date
patches via debian packages.

1) Make a script that compiles and debianizes the latest svn every night
then posts it on the repository (not advisable).

2) Make a script that converts the patches to dpatches and inserts them
into the deb, then post that deb on the repository every night.  (this
way if someone suspects that a patch caused more bugs, they can just
remove one line of code from debian/patches/00patch, run debuild -S, run
dpkg -i mythtv-latest.deb, and they've uninstalled the patch, and can
test run without it).

Would that increase the number of people who can test the latest, most
up-to-date patches?  After all, with enough eyeballs all bugs are shallow.

 - hendrixski