[mythtv] mythtv-vid branch needs testing (ubuntu debs)

Ilya V. Ivanchenko iva2k at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 19:01:01 UTC 2007

On 01/08/07, James Buckley *Asher* <freedenizen[at]gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been running the branch for a while, and am currently in the
> process of creating some ubuntu debs (for easy install). I'll setup a
> repository hopefully, which would let people easily install + test
> them. The biggest problem at the moment is the plugins, as they've
> changed quite a bit since the 0.20 release (which the current debs
are
> based on).

That will be great if you do a repo! I already updated debian packages
for trunk and can share them with you. I also have a script that checks
out from svn.mythtv.org and builds everything into .deb.

I should say it is not an easy task. It took me quite a while - I
started from mythbuntu.org and source packages from ubuntu repos. The
catch was to update the patches (update some and remove obsolete ones,
tracking each patch against code changes) and rules/config files to
build the current trunk. Indeed it was very long time since ubuntu 0.20
snapshot (11110 to 14100, almost a year!). Anyway, it now works as a
charm!

Again, I can share my deb scripts if you like to save yourself some
time. Just let me know.

Also, I propose to commit debian scripts to SVN, so they can be
versioned together with main code tree. Anyone can then check them out
and build debian packages. It is just one directory per group, but
placed under one project will stay tidy, something like this:
- trunk/debian/debian-mythtv
- trunk/debian/debian-mythplugins
- trunk/debian/debian-themes
- trunk/debian/autobuild