[mythtv] findid for non-find rules, IsSameProgram checks (help Bruce!)

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Aug 2 14:44:53 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 11:39:43PM -0500, David Shay wrote:
> All of that is fine (maybe?), but then in IsSameProgram, I think there
> might be a problem.  There are 3 checks, then a check for title.  If
> it makes it past this logic, as long as the findid's match,
> IsSameProgram return's true (line 1393 of programinfo.cpp).  This is
> before it does any duplicate checking based on subtitle, etc.  This
> just doesn't seem right to me. It would seem that two programs with
> different subtitles but the same findid would return true to
> IsSameProgram.

It's a bug.  I have a patch lying around somewhere to address this
problem.  It sets the parentid equal to the recordid in the scheduler
if it's not already set.  The findid check can then be qualified by
parentid != 0 and parentid == other.parentid.  This change also
simplifies some other code which conditionally uses parentid or
recordid -- it can unconditionally use parentid.

I wasn't sure of the full implications of the change, mainly on
mythweb so I set it aside and haven't gotten back to it yet.

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 12:15:04AM -0500, David Shay wrote:
> Also, further work on the chanid duplicate detection seems to have
> revealed that I don't even have to touch the BUSQ, as long as I put
> the appropriate detection in IsSameProgram.  That actually seems to
> make this A Whole Lot Easier than I thought it might be.  In fact, I
> think I've got it about 80% working.

Are you sure about that?  I believe changing IsSameProgram will handle
the case where both recordings can be done at the same time.  I'm not
sure it will if conflicts force one to a later time.  In that case, I
think the presence of the earlier recording in the oldrecorded or
recorded table will result in the latter being treated as a duplicate.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net