[mythtv] Sort by file name not title in gallery view?

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Sun Apr 29 20:14:44 UTC 2007

> So the answer is actually NO. Removing the metadata is not an
> acceptable option. Basically if there is no data in the title field
> the problem is ignored.

A qualified yes, a number of people don't use the DB to store information on
their videos. It is a single patch away from being a yes.

> I can submit it as a patch, but the problem with that is that all my
> attempts to build from the main branch have failed

Many people have trouble building from svn, some subset of them send an
e-mail to the -users list describing their problem. Simply saying you cannot
is not going to solve the problem.

> I have tried a few scripts but there is so many changes that it just
> seems like I spend more time messing with trying to compile the code
> branch long before I would ever get a chance to do anything that I want.

At this point the number of changes between svn trunk and 0.20-fixes is
small (for MythVideo). If you were to make a patch for 0.20-fixes, for
example, that let you set how the sort key is generated, it would probably
apply to trunk. Supposing it didn't, you could still submit a ticket (you
would not be the only one who doesn't make a proper patch). I've yet to
reject a ticket just because it was against 0.20-fixes (though I don't make
them a priority).

--
Anduin Withers