[mythtv] high cpu load for xorg with 50fps playback

Markus Schulz msc at antzsystem.de
Fri Apr 27 15:16:58 UTC 2007

Am Freitag, 27. April 2007 schrieb Mark Kendall:
> On 4/27/07, Markus Schulz <msc at antzsystem.de> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > i've written a full-framerate patch for mythtv and have integrated
> > the adaptive dscaler greedy high motion deinterlacer (taken from
> > xine-lib).
> Off the top of my head, I can't help with the cpu issue. Would
> defnitely be interested in having a look at the patch though. Any
> chance you can post it somewhere?

ok, here is it:

some notes:

- pipplayer and preview window still running to slow (half playspeed)
- you should use libmpeg2, cause avcodec has a bug (incorrect
TOP_FIELD_FIRST flag) for decoding or greedyh looks ugly for material
with opposite flag set
- enable the full-framerate in playback-setup and choose greedyh as
deinterlacer (other deinterlacer dont benefit currently cause they need
to calculate the intermediate frame inside)

Markus Schulz