[mythtv] Why allow conflicting bindings (was Re: "New" default keybindings)

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Apr 26 14:54:31 UTC 2007

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 07:37:53PM +0100, Martin Long wrote:
> Would it be possible to have local bindings to override jump points? Local
> bindings are always more specific, and should really be used in preference.
> There seems to be no other way of having the Guide key on my remote jump to
> the TV guide from 'Watch TV' and the scheduling guide from everywhere else.

It appears to be pretty easy.  Just reorder some things in
TranslateKeyPress().  I'll defer to those who use jump points, though,
whether or not this is desirable.

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 11:10:42PM -0700, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> It's John P. Poet's work and it's not yet in a ticket; see
> <URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/232494>. I can't
> test it as it doesn't patch against 0.20-fixes, but I hope John
> tickets it anyway so as to give it the exposure it deserves. I do use

This isn't too far from what I've been pondering since the subject
came up again.  John, if you're still around and interested in this
change, please update it to current SVN and I'll work to get it into
SVN.

There are two, small additions I would like to see.  First, allow for
more levels of subcontexts in TranslateKeyPress().  For example, "TV
Playback/Live/Foo" would check "TV Playback/Live/Foo", "TV
Playback/Liv", "TV Playback" and "Global", in that order.  Second, add
a dbcheck.cpp section to fixup any existing bindings that get moved to
subcontexts.

David
--
David Engel