[mythtv] Why allow conflicting bindings (was Re: "New" default keybindings)

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 23:02:04 UTC 2007

On 26/04/07, Martin Long <mythtv at longhome.co.uk> wrote:

> I've actually noticed that if I set a Jump Points binding of key 'S' to
> 'Program Guide', then it overrides the 'S' for 'GUIDE' in 'TV Playback'.
>
> Would it be possible to have local bindings to override jump points? Local
> bindings are always more specific, and should really be used in
> preference.
> There seems to be no other way of having the Guide key on my remote jump
> the TV guide from 'Watch TV' and the scheduling guide from everywhere
> else.

I think a more specific local binding should override a less specific (more
general) global binding as well, I believe there is a ticket with patch that
was submitted some time ago to do this.

I guess if this was to happen there would need to be a setup option for
¨Global overrides context¨ vs ¨Context overrides global¨.

Cheers,

Roo.