[mythtv] First run of MythFrontend on MacOS

Wed Apr 25 11:25:20 UTC 2007

Hi,
   I've just got a new Mac laptop, and I was recompiling the front
end on it having used it on my old laptop for years.  I hit a snag
that I thought others might like to know about:

   I was using r13300.  If I didn't have the db information in
the .mythtv dir in my home directory then MythFrontend just sits
there.  No error message.  No Qt.  Just a menu bar and nothing else.
And you have to quite twice to kill it :).

   I vaguely remember that it used to detect the missing .mythtv dir
and create it.  Not any more...

Be well,

Will          :-}