[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r13327 by skamithi

stanley kamithi skamithi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 04:43:25 UTC 2007

> I don't know anything about DVD playback in MythTV, but I'm
> pretty sure I didn't write any of the auto-selection code with
> DVD playback in mind; the internal DVD player wasn't really
> usable yet. Stanley has done work on this, but I've never
> tested it. Doing auto-selection on DVD's is not as simple as
> with DVB/ATSC streams so it will probably take some time to
> perfect.

DVD track selection is determined from the dvd nav packets
so there is no guesswork there.

Since the patch affects auto audio track selection for regular vid files
burned from dvds, and from your experience this is helpful,
then i'll remove the patch and mark this issue as an "unusual case".

Tough luck then if you have a avi or vob that has a stereo and mono track
and the stereo track is the wrong track.

I have one issue left to resolve with this ticket, so  i won't close it yet.