[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r13327 by skamithi

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Wed Apr 25 01:18:38 UTC 2007

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 23:56:26 +0000, mythtv wrote:
> Author: skamithi
>         Date: 2007-04-24 23:56:25 +0000 (Tue, 24 Apr 2007)
> New Revision: 13327
>    Changeset: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/13327
>
> Modified:
>
>    trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp
>
> Log:
>
> Refs #3260. prevent the audio autoselection code from executing if you
> play a file flagged as a video (non-dvd). Shouldn't affect regular
> recordings.

Hey that's not good.

The autoselection code isn't primarily intended for DVB, in fact most of
it is written for vob rips (DVB generally doesn't carry AC3 and DTS for
starters). Most of my dvds are vobs and the autoselect is generally good
at getting the right track. If you just pick the first it will
frequently be wrong (from experience).

As to the issue originally reported (mono sountrack but stereo
commentary) I don't know how the code could know that and act
accordingly, but it sounds like an unusual case.

I think the problem is that there is no 100% successful way of
determining the right audio track for vob rips and other video files and
the code just has to make a best efforts guess, then the user can use
the keys/menu to fix it where appropriate.

Cheers,

Martin.