[mythtv] Mythtv Gui

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 20:56:00 UTC 2007

On 4/24/07, Peter Martens <petermartens.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > The major task remaining to update
> > > the UI is to convert all the various screens/dialogs over to use mythui.
> > > It's a lot of work, but fairly straightforward.  I just haven't had any free
> > > time at all in the past few months to work on things.
> > >

> Isaac,
>
> Would it be possible to give a hint on how to get started with this?
> Maybe a few of us can make a plan on how to do this and the ones that
> are interested can jump in.
> I have no programming background, but committed some translation
> patches and an eit-fixup with a little help from stuarta. By which I
> want to say that I have a _little_ knowledge on how to read code and
> write some. Reading tour description it looks like this task is
> however a rather dumb, time consuming task which could be completed
> with the right instructions?

I was in the area, implementing something else, that then required a
dialog box, so here is an example diff for the EXECTV menu function
that replaces its #if 0'd (currently ignored) DialogBox with a
MythDialogBox.

Comments on whether this is going about things the right way, and
whether it is an example to work from would be cool. I used mythuitest
as a reference and it was pretty straightforward.

Robin